Memoirs


Monday, January 09, 2006

Don't worry...be happy!!!

I have been on cloud 9 for a while now, in fact, it will take a whole lot of bull to dampen my spirit. 2006 has stayed true to its promise of tender mercies. Shit don’t even bother me anymore, I don’t trip about the kinda shit that used to get me all worked up. I am keeping an open mind and I think I am in love…..well maybe in lust. My girl Mo says she doubts I fall in love; I just have a huge heart and love the attention that comes with a man! Hmmm dunno but we’ll see. I caught myself giving one of my girlfriend relationship advice. I told her that I know enough to guide her in the right path considering I have played every kind of fool there is. But of course she won’t listen to me, hell if she did we’d have a problem. Please tell me ladies, why is it that we seek advise from our friends yet we do what the hell we want to anyway. 9 out of 10 , the complete opposite of what our hommies advise? Well, there are a lot of haters so its hard to decipher I guess, hmm hell even the folks that you know love the hell out of you and won't watch you stray become a hater once they disagree with your idea of love. Anyhow, I know how that story ends!

About 5 years ago, one of my very close guy friend and I made a pact to marry each other if either one of us is still single by the time I turn 28, why did dude call me up this weekend, to remind me that I will be 28 in eight months! Agbaya buruku! Its funny cause he has been trying to holler since before I met Princess O’s dad and even after O was born he’d laugh at our relationship like it was the funniest joke, well he was right about that one. ROTFLMAO!!! I was like the hell…so you have been counting the days huh?? Made me realize my ass is old mehn!! We had a great conversation and he told me he hasn’t really made the marriage move because he has seen how folks turn out. He said once women get married they loose the Hmmmph factor and they start looking married, dressing tore up, not getting their do did, gaining mad weight and then when they have kids, it over! It seems like the children are the only things couples have in common. Bye Bye ladies night and cleavage revealing tops and its hello baby shower, naming ceremony and Iro and buba! Is that true? Do we really give up on ourselves when we get in a long-term relationship such as marriage? I vowed that wouldn’t be me and he was like “yeah right! that’s what they all say". Well since two of my dearest friends are getting married this year, I made the heifers promise, to uphold DIVADOM, don’t change, limit the trad wear to Owambe’s and occasional church gear, you know for the bad wardrobe days. I made them promise to still be fun and hang out and they promised to do so…I guess only time will tell.

Back to my blissful state, I swear, I can’t get over myself….I am extremely happy! I have been told I even have a glow…hehehe BLACK WOMAN BLUSHING!!!! Like I told my cyber pal last week, only you can decide what effect folks have on you, it’s a shame to give anyone that much power really…don’t you agree? So for me and mine 2006 is gonna be all smiles….come what may!


Posted by Queenb :: 10:13 AM :: 13 comments

Post a Comment

---------------*QB*---------------