Memoirs


Thursday, December 29, 2005

How I spent my Christmas

Christmas this year was way different than it’s been the last few years. I usually spend my Christmas moping about all the things I did not get this year but I tried a new system and it was exhilarating! Hell if I knew it would be this way I would not have been a grinch all those other Christmas’. I was still shopping Christmas Eve, getting Molayo some presents to put under our artificial plant and makeshift Christmas tree. I convinced Omolayo that she did not need to take a picture with Santa, cause that was really Mr. Eugene from next door playing pretend…I think she bought it. Oyinade got Molayo the build-a-bear teddy she has been going on about forever.
I can’t believe those things are that freaking expensive! I pitched in for some shoes for the damn bear and it was $8! Hell to the Na! Okay so after shopping we went to Remi’s house my dawg
Lola was in town and I had to pick her up. Ade made a mean Efo Stew for her man and I helped them eat it so it wouldn’t waste...LOL. We headed home to get ready for church in the morning…my baby was acting in a play and she was one of the angels. Come Christmas Day, we scurried to get ready for church and nearly missed Omolayo’s part in the play, to everyone’s shock Omolayo refused to go on stage…”I am scarred Mommy!” she said amidst tears. I told her it was all right and she did have to perform. I spoke with my family and my mum was stressing the fact that they were having such a great time and I was totally missing out. I spoke with my sisters and brothers and my niece and nephew. I decided to cook for Christmas last minute, and everyone came over for Christmas get-together.


Tuoyo, Dayo and Dayo were leaving for another Christmas party and I decided to follow them, I left everyone in my house and Lola and I promised to be right back. I did not get back till 10pm and by then they were all gone. Hey I did not have an absolute blast but it was definitely a very merry Christmas.

Posted by Queenb :: 12:53 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------*QB*---------------