Memoirs


Monday, January 30, 2006

My testimony

So the other day right, my manager comes to my desk and asks me if I want to take a smoke break with him because he wants to talk to me about something. I was scared mehn, you know my ass don’t do no work and I have been working from home more than coming to work. And let’s not even mention being late erryday and taking 2 hour lunches and shit. All these thoughts ran through my head and I was thinking about a possible next move…should I get the buyah! So he lit his cigarette and lit mine and took a long puff. I was peeping his abs because this white boy is cut like steak, you could tell he was a marine, there is just something about dem military bois mehn! Too bad he is married with 5 kids or it would be so on! I was distracted by his well tone physique for a minute then he said. “The VP of HR asked me to talk with you” Oh damn…HR loun loun, I don enter wahala! I was ready to deny any accusations brought against me and blame my lack of social skills on being an immigrant. He took another puff and continued “We have an immediate need for a Branch Administrator and your name came up, you have done impeccable work here in the last 5 months and we’d like to make you an offer if you are interested” Huh? Rewind! Hold the hell up! You mean I am being offered a job I did not apply for? No interview nada, with some damn benefits! I was excited beyond word and I calmly responded “finally I can get that much needed pap smear!” he smiled and said “so I take that as a yes? You’ll consider it?” Look at this hot piece of man candy patronizing me o! “I will definitely consider it, thanks for looking out!”
Long story short, they made me an offer, I accepted and today January 30, 2006 is my official first day! I have 3 weeks vacation! YAY!!!
“My testimony is filled with stories of grace and mercy made true and I will speak boldly because the way you loved me and this is my testimony” Bob Carlisle
I just want to thank God for his infinite mercies in my life. I am grateful because He always has my back and when situations come and I feel like whenever my cross is getting heavy, he comes through and releases me of my burdens. This year started out solid and its getting better by the day. And I owe it all to the Almighty!!!
Let it be known, if my Savior can do it for me, he will surely do it for you!

Posted by Queenb :: 3:10 PM :: 25 comments

Post a Comment

---------------*QB*---------------