Memoirs


Thursday, March 09, 2006

A dedication....

This is dedicated to a dear friend of mine, who recently lost her little girl...I am incapable of comforting you but I know God can and he will. Please stay strong darling....it is well!

My dearest Ayomide,
I loved you from the minute you were conceived
I named you Ayomide, indeed you were my joy to come
I imagined all of the things we’d do

I pictured your smile
You’d have your daddy’s nose
You were anxious to arrive and complete our world,
You’d kick me and demand attention
We were eager to hold you and feed you.

On your first Sunday you would wear the white dress,
We want all the other little girls to recognize you are a princess
Oh, maybe you'd grow up to be a lawyer or perhaps an actress
Either way you would be our little STAR!

I will paint your room pink; I can guess it’s your favorite color
I bet you’d be a girl scout
Or maybe a ballet dancer?
What ever you decide, daddy and I would hold your hand.

I wept for you today Ayomide, I wept because I miss you
I miss your kicks and all the plans we made
I know that you are in heaven and grandma is baking you cookies
I know you met Jesus and isn’t he just grand?
I wish we had a chance to talk more and do more
And even though you are no more, I will always love you

I cannot hold you in my arms but I will hold you in my heart
Please be a good girl and make Daddy and I proud
There’s gotta be a school in heaven, be sure to get all As
Eat your broccoli my love and always say please and thank you
No talking back baby and remember mum and dad loves you!




Dear Mum and Dad,
I am okay you guys, I promise and pinky swear.
Please mama, don’t cry, you will only make me sad
I had to go mama please try to understand.


Jesus says hello and yes he is the best, he promised to send you Remilekun real soon
I pray for you and Daddy every day and Grandma says be strong

You were right mummy I do have Daddy nose
But guess what else? I have your smile! Grandma says so!

Yes, we do have schools in heaven and I do get all As
We don’t need Lawyers in heaven though… we all just get along!
And I wouldn’t dare talk back; I’ve got Grandma to keep me in line!

Smile for me Mama, remember, I am smiling too
And I am glad I will be in your hearts as you will always be in mine.



Posted by Queenb :: 12:48 AM :: 10 comments

Post a Comment

---------------*QB*---------------