Memoirs


Monday, March 20, 2006

How was your weekend?

I had one of the most fulfilling weekends. On Friday we cooked and hung out at the Bajizzy’s, the plan was to see a movie but trust my folks, once dinner was served, errybody was knocked out! It would have been fun too considering St Patrick was one of the busiest nights out. On Saturday, I had to work; we have a SOX audit coming up so I had to get my files in order. I stayed till about 3pm then I drove down to Durham.
One of our bible study members suggested we volunteer our time to Ronald McDonald house and make them dinner, so we spend Saturday evening cooking at RMH. I remember Wale saying something about doing volunteer work every now and then and how fulfilling it was, he aint never lie. I felt really good about it and trust me to take over in any kitchen. It was fun; there goes my good deed for the week! We made them Jollof rice and Chicken, the turn out was great as we all supported each other with the ingredients, cooking and cleaning. I am definitely going to do more volunteer work going forward. It was a great idea! Thanks Oby!!!
Speaking of Oby, it was her birthday sometimes last week and she wanted to go out so I suggested the Chinese restaurant that had karaoke, CODY. We made reservation for 20 people because mehn Raleigh folks like to parry!!! The food was excellent! I mean damn! Best Chinese to date, except the one around my hood but that is not a restaurant per say, more lie carry out. Anyway, we ate we drank, or rather I drank, one glass of Midori and it was over! Act a damn fool time was on! We were there from 8pm to 2 am! The hell! The karaoke was mad fun; we took over the damn joint. Tomi, Ifeoma and Shade were the dancers in the building. Even the birthday girl had had enough but the party continued. We had folks from other table asking us to join in. It was bananas!!! We took the silliest pictures; I will try and load them tomorrow.
By the time we got home, I had a headache on one side of my head and I couldn’t talk, I had lost my voice!! Come what may, we had to go to church on Sunday. I took a couple Ibruprofen and I was as good as new Sunday morning.
It was our pastor’s birthday so there was mad grub after church. They also planned this dinner at Hilton for later in the evening. We drove to Wal-Mart after church because I needed four new tires. I had been riding on my donut for 4 days now. Remi gave me a ride back home and I hooked Denrele’s hair up Shaniqua style before we headed to the dinner for pastor. It was a nice gathering, we ate, danced and made merry.
I watched Grey’s Anatomy and went straight to bed.

Posted by Queenb :: 10:35 AM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------*QB*---------------